Find a roofer in Smithfield, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Smithfield, MaineHome // Maine // Smithfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Smithfield, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Smithfield, Maine. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.