Find a roofer in Shapleigh, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I book an appointment to get roofers come out?
No matter what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical price roofing contractors charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
When should a roof inspection be done?
The majority of roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Shapleigh, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Shapleigh, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Shapleigh, ME. Find the right contractor for your property right away.