Find a roofer in Seal Harbor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I expect to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I budget to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the normal duration for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Seal Harbor, Maine
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Seal Harbor, Maine. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.