Find a roofer in Scarborough, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the usual duration to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Scarborough, Maine. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
At what stage should I consider getting an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What kind of prices are associated with repairing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Scarborough, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Scarborough, Maine. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.