Find a roofer in Rockwood, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Rockwood, MaineHome // Maine // Rockwood
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Rockwood, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Rockwood, Maine. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Rockwood, Maine. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.