Find a roofer in Randolph, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the appropriate occasion to schedule a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
At what cost will a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What are the usual costs related to fixing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Randolph, Maine
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Randolph, Maine. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.