Find a roofer in Randolph, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How long does it take for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the typical cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much can it cost to maintain the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Randolph, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Randolph, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.