Find a roofer in Presque Isle, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Presque Isle, MaineHome // Maine // Presque Isle
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Presque Isle, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Presque Isle, ME. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.