Find a roofer in Phippsburg, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time required for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Phippsburg, Maine. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
At which point should I consider getting an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofers typically price their services for a replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the price range for repairing a rooftop?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Phippsburg, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Phippsburg, Maine. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.