Find a roofer in Peaks Island, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it typically take to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
At what stage should I think about getting a roof inspection conducted?
Most roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
At what cost will a roofing professional charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected expenditure to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Peaks Island, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Peaks Island, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.