Find a roofer in Orono, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofing experts typically price labor for a replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What are the usual costs affiliated with repairing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Orono, ME. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Orono, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Orono, ME. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.