Find a roofer in Orono, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What kind of prices are related to fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Roofing services can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Orono, ME. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Orono, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Orono, ME. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.