Find a roofer in Orland, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Orland, Maine
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Orland, Maine. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Orland, Maine. Find the right contractor for your property right away.