Find a roofer in Old Town, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Old Town, ME. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Old Town, ME
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Old Town, ME, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on our site have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.