Find a roofer in Ocean Park, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Ocean Park, ME
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Ocean Park, ME. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.