Find a roofer in Northeast Harbor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the proper occasion to book an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the normal rate charged by roofers for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much does it cost to maintain the roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What time of year is ideal for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Northeast Harbor, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Northeast Harbor, ME. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.