Find a roofer in New Portland, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is best for a roofing job?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average price roofing experts charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the usual duration to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
Most roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near New Portland, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in New Portland, ME. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.