Find a roofer in New Portland, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near New Portland, MaineHome // Maine // New Portland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in New Portland, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in New Portland, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.