Find a roofer in Mount Vernon, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Mount Vernon, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Mount Vernon, Maine. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Mount Vernon, Maine. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.