Find a roofer in Mount Desert, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it take for a roofer to build a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Mount Desert, Maine. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What kind of prices are affiliated with repairing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Mount Desert, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Mount Desert, Maine. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Mount Desert, Maine. Find the right contractor for your home now.