Find a roofer in Monson, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual period of time to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Monson, Maine. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate the hours for the job.
When is a roof inspection necessary?
The majority of roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
At what cost does a roofing professional charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What costs are related to repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Monson, Maine
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Monson, Maine. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.