Find a roofer in Monroe, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the rate for fixing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the normal price roofing experts charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the usual duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Monroe, Maine. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Monroe, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Monroe, Maine. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Monroe, Maine. Find the perfect contractor for your home right away.