Find a roofer in Monroe, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I plan to get roofing services performed?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to book.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe to get a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Monroe, Maine. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
At which point should I think about having an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Monroe, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Monroe, Maine. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.