Find a roofer in Minot, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Minot, ME
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Minot, ME, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on our site have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Minot, ME. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home now.