Find a roofer in Milford, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time required for constructing a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Milford, Maine. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
At what moment should I think about having a roof inspection done?
Most roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the normal rate charged by roofers for a roof replacement job?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the cost for repairing a rooftop?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Milford, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Milford, Maine. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.