Find a roofer in Manchester, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical cost charged by roofing contractors for a replacement project?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What are the typical costs affiliated with repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time required for building a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Manchester, ME. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Manchester, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Manchester, ME. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.