Find a roofer in Lovell, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which time of the year should I book services with a roofing contractor?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical rate roofing professionals charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the usual duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Lovell, Maine. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
When should I get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Lovell, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Lovell, Maine. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.