Find a roofer in Little Deer Isle, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Little Deer Isle, ME. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Little Deer Isle, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Little Deer Isle, ME. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.