Find a roofer in Lisbon, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Lisbon, ME. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Lisbon, ME
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lisbon, ME. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lisbon, ME. Find the perfect contractor for your home right away.