Find a roofer in Lisbon Falls, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
At what time should I consider having a roof inspection done?
Many roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected price to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Lisbon Falls, Maine
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Lisbon Falls, Maine. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.