Find a roofer in Lisbon Falls, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How do roofing contractors generally price their services for a replacement?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected rate to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the usual pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Lisbon Falls, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Lisbon Falls, Maine. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.