Find a roofer in Lincolnville, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I plan to have roofing services performed?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing contractor's services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
At what stage should I think about having an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Lincolnville, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Lincolnville, ME. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.