Find a roofer in Limerick, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe to restore a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Limerick, Maine. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
What is the correct occasion to book a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the typical cost charged by roofing contractors for a replacement job?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much can it cost to fix the roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Limerick, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Limerick, Maine. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.