Find a roofer in Lewiston, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How do roofers generally charge for their services for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What should I budget to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing professional's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Lewiston, ME. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Lewiston, ME
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lewiston, ME. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lewiston, ME. Find the right contractor for your property now.