Find a roofer in Leeds, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What season is best for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing professional's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
When should my roof be inspected?
Most roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Leeds, ME
If you need roofing maintenance services in Leeds, ME, there's no better way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.