Find a roofer in Leeds, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Leeds, Maine. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Leeds, Maine
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Leeds, Maine. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.