Find a roofer in Lagrange, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Lagrange, Maine. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Lagrange, Maine
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Lagrange, Maine, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.