Find a roofer in Kents Hill, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
At what cost will a roofing professional charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What costs are affiliated with repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Which is the ideal season for a roofing project?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Kents Hill, Maine
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Kents Hill, Maine. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.