Find a roofer in Kennebunk, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal duration to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Kennebunk, Maine. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to get a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How much will a roofing professional charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much is a roofer's rate to repair a roof top?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Kennebunk, Maine
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Kennebunk, Maine. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.