Find a roofer in Kennebunk, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At what cost does a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What sort of prices are related to fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Kennebunk, Maine. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Kennebunk, Maine
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Kennebunk, Maine. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.