Find a roofer in Hudson, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Hudson, ME
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Hudson, ME, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.