Find a roofer in Hollis Center, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
At what cost does a roofing specialist charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much is a contractor's rate to maintain a roof top?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Hollis Center, ME
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Hollis Center, ME. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.