Find a roofer in Harrison, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
Which time is best to get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the usual price for replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What are the usual costs affiliated with fixing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the most suitable season for roofing projects?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Harrison, ME
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Harrison, ME. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.