Find a roofer in Harpswell, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the ideal season for a roofing project?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the common price per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to get my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Harpswell, Maine
When you need roofing maintenance services in Harpswell, Maine, there's no better way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.