Find a roofer in Hampden, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time required for building a replacement roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Hampden, Maine. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
What is a good time for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Many roofing contractors suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate price range for fixing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Hampden, Maine
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Hampden, Maine. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.