Find a roofer in Greenville Junction, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Greenville Junction, MaineHome // Maine // Greenville Junction
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Greenville Junction, ME
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Greenville Junction, ME, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.