Find a roofer in Greene, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Greene, ME
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Greene, ME. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Greene, ME. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.