Find a roofer in Gray, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Gray, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Gray, ME. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.