Find a roofer in Georgetown, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good season for roofing jobs?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the customary cost per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Georgetown, ME. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to set up my roof evaluated?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Georgetown, ME
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Georgetown, ME. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.