Find a roofer in Georgetown, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Georgetown, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Georgetown, ME. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.